Information for Remote Learning
Please read our Remote Learning Plan below – here is a summary of our provision:
All children from Reception to Year 6 have been given a login for a Microsoft Teams account. If you are unsure of the login then please contact your class teacher by emailing the class email account (eg 6R@pennyhill.sandwell.sch.uk)
Work for the day is uploaded to the class team. We use a range of Oak Academy lessons, White Rose Maths, My Maths as well as a range of PowerPoints that staff have created with voice overs to teach children.
We understand that some parents may find it difficult to access Teams so we will send a class email every morning with all links needed for the day’s lessons.
If you need paper copies of the work for the week, they available from door 3 on Willett Road, please just help yourself to the year groups you need. These can be returned each week by leaving them in the return box, after we have quarantined them, feedback will be sent to you.
Reception – Year 3 are uploading many of their lessons to a Pennyhill Youtube account – this is a private account and is accessed via links sent out to you
We have different ways that work can be submitted for feedback:
- Via Teams – hand in work
- By taking a photograph and emailing it to the class email account – feedback will then be provided
- By returning paper copies to door 3 Willett Road. These need to be quarantined before staff give feedback.
Communication between the school and parents is key to success. If you need support in any area (technological support, learning support, access to work, well-being support etc), please do not hesitate to contact us. There are several ways you can do this:
- Email the class teacher through the class email address
- Email the main office – email@example.com – ask for someone to call you back who can help with your issue
- As a last resort, please call the office 0121 588 2230 – we will then forward your issue with a relevant person.
Guide to using Teams: https://youtu.be/CPJLC05mQAg